Saturday, October 29, 2005

29 October 2005

The school term officially ended (not that I cant treat school days like holidays) but at least I can read daily and into the night. Haiz... stupid school library fine =( cost me $10 for a 6 month over due book of short stories. But I never read that book more than once.

The books I read these 2 weeks:

The Silmarillion
Unfinished Tales
The Lord of The Rings <--- I read this 2 pages daily, daily hor
The Ethics of Genetic Engineering
War and Violence
The Silence of The Lambs <--- Bel dropped Lit and lent me the book. But she refuses to sell it to me =x
Hannibal <--- made me lose sleep =_=
Da Vinci Code <--- After the big hoo haa and everyone telling me to read this book, I waited till Popular tagged it a 20% discount

Not that it's nice staying up late to read detective fiction and getting your pulse racing and blood pressure up, but I can't get to sleep with the darkness glooming around me and the murderer loose in my head (if u get what I mean). So, I end up staying up every night just to read. o_O Hmm... worse still, I don't dare to sleep until 4am. 4am feels like morning and I enjoy mornings. Nights make me feel uneasy and make me lose sleep (don't ponder too much over the meaning, but actually I'm not that nocturnal).

So... basically one can picture me, everynight, in a bedgown, buried and fidgetting under my blankets, reading a book while feeling scared about leaving my feet uncovered and exposed to the cold wind blew out my the air con (or something else), with all the lights switched on, refusing to look in the direction of the door and window; the loud sounds produced by an unwatched VCD playing on my computer, the slow drone of the air-con overworking, the loud ticking of the clock on my book shelf and the beating of my own heart, sometimes furious against my chest, sometimes soft and stealthily. Phew. I must try to remember to get some cup noodles and nescafe stocked up under my bed. =)

Next few projects/milestones:
Work Attachment at AMK hospital
Fuel Cell Project
Physics Mini Showcase <--- not voluntary

And... I just found out what a sonnet means.

Finished updating about my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It means you didn't listen, and didn't get the illustrated version of Da Vinci Code, and Angels and Demons lar.
Bad bad girl!